tl;dr - Signal instead of email, Tarsnap instead of Duplicity, Signify instead of gpg --verify #pgp #cryptography https://latacora.micro.blog/2019/07/16/the-pgp-problem.html
I have a Mac I just retired from being my main computer at home and am thinking of using it for exploring some alternate networks. I've tried I2P in the past and had some success with it and also some issues with Bote reliability. Anyone have recommendations for other networks like Freenet, Yggdragsil, Zeronet?
Wire and FedResults Partner to Offer End-to-End Encrypted Collaboration Platform to Government Agencies · Wire
Exciting stuff coming up.
Currently making a webserver with free services for everyone.
For now, you can access:
- https://paste.prvcy.one : Similar to Pastebin, but fully encrypted.
- https://invidious.prvcy.one : A YouTube front-end, see all the videos without all the tracking.
- https://search.prvcy.one : Metasearch engine. Search online without your every move getting tracked.
We'll continue adding more services, and a nicer homepage that lists all of them for easy access.
#Framadate is a free open alternative to Doodle:
Like Doodle, Framadate lets you make quick, simple calendars and polls for finding out the opinions of your friends or colleagues without needing to register.
Unlike Doodle, Framadate respects privacy and doesn't show ads or track you.
If anyone is looking for a place to host their Git repositories or mirror any GitHub/GitLab projects, https://git.privacytools.io/ is now open for registrations! 😄
Interested in a smartphone with /e/?
We have worked on a plan with partners, register now to get yours in June!
Read all the details in our latest newsletter at:
#android #privacy #smartphone #Refurbished
I've posted a review of BlackBerry Messenger Enterprise which was recently opened to everyone.
Tor on privacytools.io is now up and running!
"Johnny, you are fired!" – paper about the recently disclosed GPG and S/MIME spoofing attacks in some e-mail clients:
– this paper describes different attacks to fake signatures
– GPG API attack: Thunderbird, Postbox, Apple Mail, Mailpile are vulnerable
– other partially vulnerable clients are K9-Mail, Mutt, and Roundcube
Librem One by Purism -
Librem One is a bundle of services—chat, vpn, email, social, and more—from Purism
This uses Matrix and Mastodon. More services to be added later.
/e/ was recently made available for the Nexus 5X! I am giving this a try on a spare device. I had this on Moto G4 Plus and it worked great.
Choosing strong keys are important
https://www.wired.com/story/blockchain-bandit-ethereum-weak-private-keys/ #crypt #security
Does anyone know what's up with Eleet messenger? The name of the app in the Apple and Google play stores changed to CorpChat and there is now a website https://corpchat.com. But the Eleet.im website is still active and no mention of the app name change. Their twitter account hasn't been used since October. Something doesn't seem right here.
The Android Platform Security Model:
https://arxiv.org/pdf/1904.05572 (PDF file)
– describes threat models for mobile devices, and Android's security principles
– explains authentication, isolation and containment, encryption, exploit mitigation, system integrity, and patching in detail